COUNTY EXECUTIVE MEMBER
H.E MAJALA MLAGUI
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER
Everlyn Shighi Mngoda
COMPOSITION OF THE MINISTRY & FUNCTIONS
This sector comprises of the following units: County Administration; Town Administration; Human Resource Management and Development; Legal Affairs; Social Services; and Disaster Management. Additionally, the sector is charged with the responsibility of establishing a liaison with the national government department such as those charged with maintaining of security , law and order and corrective institutions.
ADMINISTRATION AND DEVOLUTION
Coordination of service provision at the sub-counties, Towns, Wards and village level:
- Establishment of Sub-county and Ward offices.
- Establishment of Town committees and Administration structures.
DROUGHT AND DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AND MANAGEMENT
Reducing the effects of drought and disasters:
- Development od Drought mitigation measures.
- Development of Drought and Disaster contingency funds and plans.
- Development of Early warning systems.
Provision of information and education to the citizens:
- Development of press units at the county ,sub-county and ward levels.
- Intensification of civic education
- Community mobilizations and strengthening of social development committees
Provision of security, law and order:
- Provision of security infrastructure such as police posts, transport and equipment.
- Community Policing and Nyumaba Kumi strategy.
- Promotion of peace building and conflict resolution institutions.