County Executive Committee Member
Mr. Julius Mandawiro Mghanga
County Chief Officer
COMPOSITION OF THE MINISTRY & FUNCTIONS
The land sector consist of Physical Planning and surveys which have been devolved to the county and Land Registry ,Land Valuation and Land Adjudication and settlement which are under the National Land Commission.
Enhance the use of spatial and urban plans to guide development at the county:
- Produce county spatial plan and Town and other areas plans.
- County Headquarters planning.
LAND ADJUDICATION AND SETTLEMENT
Settles the landless and provide land security on customary land:
- Complete all on-going adjudication and settlement sections and declare new adjudication sections.
Issuance title deed to all registered section:
- Computerization of land registry.
- Community education on the need for collection of land title deeds.
SURVEYS AND MAPPING
Modernization of survey services:
- Procurement of modern equipment.
- Digitizing land maps.
Promotion and protection of Forestry and biodiversity:
- Gazzetment of forest Areas
- Promotion of afforestation activities in forests and farm
MINES AND MINERALS
Audit of all zones of economic mineral potential, survey for quality and quantification, issue consents for mining and regulate all processes:
Source for partnerships to explore; zoning of potential parcels and leasing for exploitation. Make county laws to prevent continued exploitation by major investors.
GEMSTONE DEALERSHIP, PROCESSING AND VALUE ADDITION
Streamline mode of buy-sell activities, create zones for value addition like cutting, heating & acid-etching:
Create a zone/market to be identified with dealership, gemology and other similar activities.
NON MINERAL RESOURCES
Zone officially quarry and sand harvesting areas, introduce limits to harvesting clays for blending paint; marble, murram and other non-precious mineral mining to be vetted to prevent environmental disasters:
Sensitize communities on the benefit of organized and sustainable harvesting, regulate and legalize all forms of mining by introducing incentives of mutual participation. Charcoal, sand, ballast, hardcore and murram associations to be empowered.
To have control of these resources, the research department will;
- Recruit human resource with a capacity to indulge in qualitative and quantitative investigations of all major industrial resources in the county.
- Map out zones for particular activities that are commercially viable
- Liaise with other departments to recommend best land use practices countywide
- Create a quality analysis board and laboratory that will be mandated to maintain standards and carry out random inspections in goods and service outlets.
- Create a Fund to support research and attract donors from partner industries locally and abroad.
- Promotion of decent housing:
- Promotion of affordable house construction technologies.
- Renovation of public houses.
Promoting Private – Public partnership for financing housing development.