COUNTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER (CECM)
Mr. Gifton Mkaya
Gifton Mkaya has a Master of Business Management (strategic management) from Nairobi University and is currently pursuing Doctorate studies in Health services management at Pwani University.Mkaya who served as the first CECM for health services in Taita Taveta County holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (finance option) from Nairobi University and several Health Administration and Management courses including a post graduate diploma in health systems management from Galilee institute of management (Israel) and Advanced certificate in projects management (Greece). He has worked at EPZA as a manager in charge of operations and investor support and also Regional Manager for Nairobi and Eastern Region.
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER
COMPOSITION OF THE DEPARTMENT & FUNCTIONS
- The functions of the ministry are as outlined below:
REDUCE THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES AND NON-COMMUNICABLE CONDITIONS
- Construction and Equipping health facilities with basic diagnostic equipment.
- Increasing immunization coverage.
- Intensification of HIV and AIDS programmes.
- Intensifying public Health and Disease Prevention education.
PROVIDE ESSENTIAL HEALTH CARE THROUGH PROVISION OF HIGH QUALITY MEDICAL SERVICES THAT ARE AFFORDABLE, EQUITABLE, ACCESSIBLE AND RESPONSIVE TO CLIENT NEEDS
- Staffing and training health personnel at all levels.
- Promoting community health and nutrition.
- Minimize exposure to health risk factors such as tobacco, khat, and alcohol consumption by strengthening health promotion interventions, which address risk factors to health while facilitating use of products and services that lead to healthy behaviors in the population.
- Strengthening collaboration with health related sectors by adopting a ‘Health in all Policies’ approach, which ensures the Health Sector interacts with and influences design, implementation and monitoring processes in all health related sector actions.
- Provision of adequate, motivated and highly skilled human resource for health.