Hon Alexander Mwangeka
County Executive Committee (CEC)
County Chief Officer
Mr Marley Dingiria
COMPOSITION OF THE MINISTRY & FUNCTIONS
The sector comprises the following sub-sectors: Environment, Forestry and Mining as detailed below.
Rehabilitation of dragraded areas such as hills and rivers:
- Mobilize communities around degraded sites in order to win their support for the projects.
Education and awareness:
- Develop site specific environment management plan acceptable to all stakeholders.
Ensuring compliance on EIA/EA, waste, water quality and noise regulations:
- Undertake interventions that will reduce degradation and provide livelihoods improvement to the surrounding communities on a sustainable basis.
Operationalize the environmental coordination and management act; Awareness creation on individual rights under the new Act; Promote alternative sources of energy; Reduce environment degradation to minimal levels:
- Initiate aggressive Campaign on tree planting and reforestation;
- Environmental Days and Awards;
- Increase surveillance and enforcement of existing regulation on charcoal trade;
- Resettlement of squatters on settlement schemes;
- Increase surveillance and ensure enforcement of the EMCA ACT;
- Increase education on integrated pest management and the extension services;
- Aggressive Campaigns on proper waste disposal/management and use of biodegradable materials;
- Promotion of an integrated Approach of conservation initiative;
- Promotion of conservation initiatives focused on certain Catchment areas;
- Emphasis on conservation for production or activities/outputs that farmers Can derive and share.
Provide Proper infrastructure for solid and liquid waste management:
- Source for financing and construction of sewage systems .
Increase toilet coverage:
- Public education to change attitude.
Promotion and protection of Forestry and biodiversity:
- Gazeetment of forest Areas
- Promotion of afforestation activities in forests and farm