Hon. Flora Mtuweta
County Executive Committee (CEC)
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER
Miss Pamellah Dio
COMPOSITION OF THE MINISTRY AND FUNCTIONS
This sector comprises of 7 sub-sectors namely: Sports, Youth Development, Culture, Cooperative Development, Trade, Industry, and Community Libraries. These are described in detial below.
Promotion and development of sports:
- Renovation of existing Sports facilities.
- Provide an avenue for Sports career development, Training clinics for coaches, referees and sports administrators.
Advocacy for recognition of sports as an industry:
- Sports Academies.
- Provision of play equipment.
- Support on going leagues.
- Construction of new Sports Facilities.
Enhancement of peace and unity through sports:
- Organize tournaments with thematic issues e.g. peace, environment, drug abuse etc.
- Sports lottery/ Sports fund.
- Promotion of good management and governance in sports
Mobilization and empowerment of youth to engage in gainful activities:
- Provide youth with capital to start income generating activities.
- Provision of civic eduction against drugs and alcohol abuse , crime, pornography.
Provide Business Development services:
- Training of Traders , Provision of credit and establishment of local and international trade networks.
WEIGHT AND MEASURES
Enhance weight and measure services to curb malpractice and unfair trade practices:
- Regular Motoring of measuring instruments.
- Public awareness.
Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Registration and Tax Exemption
- Cash Transfer for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Sunscreen Lotion Program for Persons with Albinism
- Job Placement
- Education Assistance
- Infrastructure Development and Equipment
- Assistive Devices
- Economic Empowerment and Revolving Fund
- Disability Mainstreaming
Improve income levels amongst residents:
- Co-cooperative education , monitoring and supervision of co-operative societies.
Improve co-operative governance:
- Carrying out regular audit.
Promotion of co-operative business ventures.Formation of new co-operative societies:
- Revive dormant co-operative societies.
Promotion of of cultural centres:
- Establishment, documnetaion and gazement and promotion of cultural activities and sites.
- Contruction of cultural centres.
Regulation of Alternative medicice:
- Registration of traditional medicine.
Promote reading culture:
- Provide mobile library services.
- Construction of community libraries.
small and medium enterprise Development:
- County Industry potential survey.
- Demarcation of industrial zones in the county.
- County investment promotion services.
Modernization of markets and marking systems:
- Establishment of Markets centers and market days.
- Enhancing the use of indoor markets.
- Construction of modern Markets